Painted Mountain Men's Golf Club
The Painted Mountain Men’s Golf Club provides regular opportunities to play in organized competitive golf events. The club continually strives to meet its #1 charter – to enhance the fun of golf for its members and guests, centered around play at the Painted Mountain Golf Resort.
Organized weekly handicapped tournaments are held year round - every Thursday and Saturday morning. Most events are balanced to award both gross score and net score. Optional skins and proximity games are played regularly. Special events and club trophy tournaments are scheduled throughout the year.
PMMGC hosts well over 100 eighteen-hole golf events every year. As such, PMMGC is one of the most active men's golf clubs in America!
Joining the club is easy and inexpensive. As a member, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Participation in each tournament’s competition pool. Winners typically receive PMGR pro shop credit.
- Participation in pooled skins and proximity games (optional)
- Membership in the Arizona Golf Association (AGA)
- Official USGA golf handicap index, through the AGA, updated semi-monthly. Handicaps are managed on the nationwide GHIN system.
- Regular club communications via email and through a private club website, which provides continually updated golf results, personal stats, club information, and on-line event sign-up.
- Negotiated discount green fees at PMGR
- Pre-scheduled shotgun tee times
- Frequent PMGR pro shop and lounge discounts
To Apply for Membership
- Print out the PMMGC application form. Fill it out, bring it to any of the PMMGC club officers or leave it at the PMGR pro shop with your check (see application for rates).
- OR, call any of the PMMGC club officers and ask for assistance.
To Play with the Club As A Guest
Club Information & Description
Players: Handicaps range from 3 to over 40, with a median around 20. Each semi-weekly event typically draws 20 to 60 players – the draw is strongly dependent on the season. Course: Most frequently, events are held at the Painted Mountain Golf Resort. This 6,021 yard par 70 course offers our players a consistent balance of challenge and forgiveness plus year round beautiful AZ golf conditions and weather. Away events are regularly included on club's schedule as well.
Regular Tournaments: Both Thursday and Saturday events typically include an element to award both gross (un-handicapped) scores and net (handicapped) scores. Events are often flighted before play, based on handicap index. The aim is to allow event winnings to be spread evenly across the membership over time.
Example weekly events include: Individual Low Gross/Low Net, Individual Stableford, Gross/Net Field Match Play, etc. Partnered events are also very popular, examples: Two-man Net Best ball, Two-man Blind Draw, and Two-man Stableford. Less conventional events are occasionally included in the schedule, examples: Pro-Am Challenge (area golf professionals join us for an event), 4-Club Challenge, 2- or 4-Man Scrambles, Two-Man 3x6 Events, etc. The optional skins and proximity side games are also very popular. Both a gross version and a net version of skins is played. Competition and side game results are shown realtime on a monitor in the PMGR lounge as players finish their rounds.
Special and Trophy Tournaments: Member/guest special events are very popular and scheduled throughout the year, most typically as holiday celebrations, examples: Mad Hatter Pairs (Easter time), the July 4th Scramble, Turkey Shoot (Thanksgiving), and Nutcracker Open (Christmas time).
Four or five Trophy Tournaments are held each year. These are typically multi-round events that determine Club Champion, President’s Cup (net) Champion, Match Play Champion, and 2-Man Team Champions. Some of these champions are sent to AGA events where they represent PMMGC in regional play.
The club has held several multi-day team events against area men's clubs in Ryder Cup-like fashion. These are very popular events. If you are a men's club coordinator and would like to set up a club-vs-club event with us, please contact any of PMMGC club officers.